Bridging Course (4-6 years old)
The Bridging Course is catered to children who have some music knowledge but not ready to specialize in any area of the performing arts yet. It is a course which is exclusive to Verve. Students will use the keyboard as a medium to learn music and theoretical concepts.
Main features of the course include:
- Learning through the use of visuals and stories which are then related to musical terms
- Topics such as tempo, phrasing, pitch, dynamics, music notation will be covered
- Utilizing the keyboard as a medium for comprehending theoretical concepts, basic instrument techniques and standard orchestral instruments.
How would your child benefit?
The Bridging Course enhances development in the following areas
• Enhancement of musical development through theory and aural training
• Concentration, memory and coordination
• Development of good hand positions, independent fingers and appreciation of standard orchestral instruments
Young instrumentalists typically progress faster than peers who start right away on an instrument as a strong foundation is built before they move on to specialized fields of instrumental studies.